Somalis from the north east African nation of Djibouti love their fish. The adjacent Red Sea and Gulf of Aden teem with different kinds of fish. This fish recipe is simple and one that will be a hit with your family and friends. Serve with qudaar salad or spicy tofu and pumpkin salad.
- 4 slices of kingfish fillets (about one inch thick)
- Juice of one lemon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Ethiopian duqus pepper (you can use paprika as an alternative)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Clean the kingfish fillets thoroughly and pat dry
- Season the fish with spices, lemon and salt
- Heat up about 1½ tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a shallow pan
- Shallow fry two fish fillets for five minutes on each side
- Repeat the frying for the remaining two fillets.
Author : Abderazzaq Noor
Recipe by : Roda Mohamed Muse